This week's CHIC is Lisa better known as @lisaalamode! Lisa resides in the great city of Boston. Its seems as though you could never catch Lisa without a beat face and killer outfits! You can't miss her bright colors and lippies to match! We love her style and she always keeps us wondering "what will she wear next?" Check out what she had to say about her personal style and beautiful fro!
1. How long have you been natural? Did you transition or big chop?
I've been natural since 2000 and did so by transitioning. No one big chopped back then, however, after having my son in 2013 I experienced a LOT of post-partum shedding and breakage. As a result, I did my first big chop in February of this year, and haven't stopped cutting it since!
2. How would you describe your hair texture?
Type 4. Kinkt Curly.
3. What is your go to style and how do you maintain it?
Twist outs. EASY as pie.
4. What do you love most about being natural?
I love that it's unpredictable. My hair is like a work of art. Funky and inspiring. I especially love my hair short because most days I can just get up and go.
5. What are your top 3 hair products?
Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler, BGLH Whipped Shea Butter:
7. How would you describe your personal style?
Funky and trendy.
8. What are your favorite clothing stores?
H&M, Zara, JCREW, Forever 21.
9. Who are your favorite celebrity fashionistas?
Honestly, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head. Bloggers are far more inspiring, in my opinion. i lo
10. What is the most worn piece in your closet?
My boyfriend jeans.
11. What is your favorite fall/winter trend?
I love bright wool coats. If I could have a wool coat in every color, I would.
12. What would you say is your most prized item in your closet?
I really don't have a prized item. My moto jacket collection is pretty extensive, however, so I would say they are very prized.
13. Where do you draw your style inspiration from?
14. Since you are obviously a ChicNaturalista what would be a bit of fashion advice for our readers? I would say that style and your style will always evolve. The more comfortable you are with yourself the more risks you will take. Just be yourself and have fun!