This week’s CHIC is the beautiful Eny of Styleestadiaries! Eny caught our eye with her bright bold style and super cute highlighted fro! We love that Eny has fun with her style and mixes up colors and prints. You can catch Eny making the streets of LA her runway, and doing it with effortless style and grace! She never disappoints us each time we see her in our timeline; and this is why she is this week’s CHIC! Check out what Eny had to say about that beautiful fro and style!
1. How long have you been natural? Did you transition or big chop?
I didn't transition in the true sense of the word because I have been through many hair style transitions because I am never satisfied with having the same look for too long. So 4 years ago, when I got bored again I just shaved off my relaxed hair and I have been natural ever since.
2. How would you describe your hair texture?
Thick and coily
3. What is your go to style and how do you maintain it?
I normally wear my hair in 2 strand twist outs. I try to prevent it from getting dry and stay refreshed by putting in a curl enhancing smoothie every couple of days. I also go to a hair stylist for a revamp (color, deep condition) every once in a while.
4. What are your problem areas if any and how are you working to combat them?
This shrinkage is no joke. I still have not mastered the art of pampering my hair (It's a work in progress). I try to borrow tricks from the hair salon because they know how to loosen up the curl pattern without heat which makes my hair manageable. Until I master this skill I will continue rocking my Afro with the shrinkage.
5. What do you love most about being natural?
Being able to transform my look at any time I want. It is very versatile.
6. What are your top 3 hair products?
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Jamaican Castor Oil, and Curls Unleashed moisturizer.
7. How would you describe your personal style?
Quirky with a sartorially masculine influence
8. What are your favorite clothing stores?
H&M, Forever 21, Barneys, Zara, Great Labels, American Apparel, trust me, it's an endless list.
9. Who are your favorite celebrity fashionistas?
Giovanna Battaglia who is the Fashion Editor of Vogue Japan, and singer-songwriter, and certified chef Kelis. These two ladies have something in common, and that is the constant transformation of their style.They never hesitate to try something new.
10. What is the most worn piece in your closet?
I abuse a lot of pieces in my closet, but currently, it would be my American Apparel black high waist easy jean.
11. What is your favorite Spring trend?
Gaucho Pants. I love how easy breezy they are, and can either be worn casually or out on the town, and an event.
12. What would you say is your most prized item in your closet? Is it a vintage charm you found thrifting, or a designer splurge?
A vintage Burberry saddle shoulder bag. Luckily I didn't have to splurge, it is a hand me down from my mother. Score!
13. Where do you draw your style inspiration from?
My mother, my mood, and my surroundings.
14. Since you are obviously a ChicNaturalista what would be a bit of fashion advice for our readers?
Two things: In my opinion, fashion is not meant to be taken too seriously. The more you experiment with your wardrobe, the more exciting it gets. You will discover so much about yourself, than you even realize existed. Also, one can draw fashion inspiration from others, but always remember to stay true to your individuality. You don't want to keep reworking yourself to look like the next person. It get's confusing. But above all - dare to be different.