This week’s CHIC is the super posh and classy, Grace Alex from Nigeria! We absolutely love Grace’s style. She has an effortlessly sophisticated style that is definitely her own! We love how Grace mixes vintage pieces with modern pieces for a nice clean retro CHIC look! Grace gets it right everytime. Her lady like style is admirable and we LOVE it! Check out what Grace had to say about her style and natural hair journey!
1. How long have you been natural?
For eight months
2. Did you transition or big chop?
3. How would you describe your hair texture?
I have a very bad hair texture, light brown and the weather isn't making it any better
4. What is your favorite go to hair style?
I love to braid, I don't have the stress to comb out in the morning
5. What are your problem areas if any and how are you working to combat them?
My hair breaks a lot and then they never just seem to grow no matter how I try, so presently using coconut water and shear butter so it feels better
6. What do you love most about being natural?
I get to braid at will without my hair pulling out
7. What are your top 3 hair products?
I earlier mentioned Shea butter, hair mayonnaise and shampoo
8. How would you describe your personal style?
I'm a retro kind of lady, I love vintage but I try to be me when pairing this pieces
9. What are your favorite clothing stores?
There are a whole lot but I like that Zara can create unique pieces and still make them affordable
10. Who are your favorite celebrity fashionistas?
Guliana From E! News
11. What is the most worn piece in your closet?
I have this black leather pumps from qupid that I've worn the most
12. What is your favorite Spring/ Summer trend?
I stay in Nigeria where it's rainy during this periods so I'll say winter jacket and the shift dress I like the print loose pants
13. What would you say is your most prized item in your closet? Is it a vintage charm you found thrifting, or a designer splurge? What do you cherish most in your closet?
For some reason I've never considered this till this question was asked, but I think my white pair of sunglasses and my cat eye sunglasses will be my favorite
14. Since you are obviously a ChicNaturalista what would be a bit of fashion advice for our readers?
Just don't run after every fashion trend out there, realize what is good for you and stick to it.
15. Given your natural hair journey, what do you wish you would have known earlier and what would be your advice to your fellow curl friends?!
I'll have treated my hair better, or given much attention to it as I did for my outfits
How can we keep up with you? IG,FB, Twitter, personal blog etc.