Leniza is this week’s Chic! We absolutely love her bright bold style and big curly hair! Every time we see her in our Instagram timeline she gives us life! Here is what she has to say about her natural hair and personal style!
1. How long have you been natural? Did you transition or big chop?
I big chopped August 2010 due to heat damage
2. How would you describe your hair texture?
I believe I'm 3c.
3. What is your favorite go to hair style?
The curly mohawk
4. What are your problem areas if any and how are you working to combat them?
I have dry hair and I shed a lot. I use a moisturizer and try to finger detangle at times.
5. What do you love most about being natural?
Versatility! I can do almost anything with my hair!
6. What are your top 3 hair products?
Ecostyler gel for my edges, African Pride hair moisturizer, and Clear Intense Hydration conditioner.
7. How would you describe your personal style?
Funky and fun
8. What are your favorite clothing stores?
I love Burlington, Forever21, and Savers when thrifting.
9. Who are your favorite celebrity fashionistas?
Rihanna and Clair Huxtable
10. What is the most worn piece in your closet?
My black skirts.
11. What is your favorite Spring/ Summer trend?
Floral print for Spring and Summer. Ripped, denim shorts as well.
12. What would you say is your most prized item in your closet? Is it a vintage charm you found thrifting, or a designer splurge? What do you cherish most in your closet?
Any of my thrifted blouses
13. Since you are obviously a ChicNaturalista what would be a bit of fashion advice for our readers?
Never try too hard to be "different"
14. Given your natural hair journey, what do you wish you would have known earlier and what would be your advice to your fellow curl friends?!
I wish I had known about all the natural youtubers. I didn't know anything about my hair nor did I ever care for it till I realized how amazing my hair could be if I just show it some tlc. I would say just be patient and be gentle to your hair :)
15. How can we keep up with you? IG,FB, Twitter, personal blog ect