Sarah aka “PrettyWithPennies” style is like no other CHIC we've featured! Sarah gives you the best of both worlds, by delivering an ultra feminine look with a splash of edge! She loves to dabble in men's fashion and we can't get enough of it. Sarah is truly one of a kind with her unique style and hair. She rocks a fade so confidently and fierce that it has become her signature look! Check out what she had to say about her personal style and her hair journey!
1.How long have you been natural?
I've been natural since 2009.
2. We love your hair cut, and it takes a confident and fierce naturalista to rock it, what made you decide to keep your hair short? (also do you think you will ever grow it out?)I just got tired of trying to fit in and wanted to do something radically different. It took some time towork up courage to cut my hair off, but I'm more than happy with my decision. I haven't looked back since. No, I don't plan on growing my hair back I don't have the patience natural hair is very high maintenance.
3. What do you love most about your hair style?
I love my that my fade is the convenient, cost efficient and makes me stand out! I just can get up and go in the morning. If I want to have fun with my hair, I just get a cool design or part on the side.
4. Explain to us your daily hair routine; How do you maintain your style and how often do you get it cut?
My daily routine is adding some product and brushing my hair! I get my haircut every two weeks faithfully.
5.What are your top 3 hair products?
I use Miss Jessie's Baby Butter Creme, and I also created a mixture of products in a spray bottle I use every day as well. (water, aloe vera gel, Shea Moisture Reconstructive Finishing Elixir and Hello Hydration conditioner)
6. How would you describe your personal style?
I'd describe my style as preppy chic sometimes corporate with a hint of men's fashion to add diversity.
7. What are your favorite clothing stores?
My favorite clothing stores are JC Penny's, Forever 21, H&M and any local thrift store.
8.Who are your favorite celebrity fashionistas and why?
My favorite celebrity fashionistas are Blake Lively, Lupita Nyong'o and J.LO because they each have they're own style and they own it! They don't follow the trends they actually set them!
9. What is the most worn piece in your closet?
The most worn piece in my closet is my denim Cambridge. It's a must have piece in your closet.
10. What is favorite Fall trend?
My favorite Fall trend is layering and leather jackets.
11. What would you say is your most prized item in your closet? Is it a vintage charm you found thrifting, or a designer splurge?
My most prized item is my hot pink blazer I found at a local thrift store for $6.00.
12. Why did you decide to start your blog,and how did you come up with the name?
I decided to start my blog because I wanted to show the world you can have style on budget! My oldest sister Jocelyn even came up with my blog name!
13. What is your goal for Pretty With Pennies?
My goal for prettywithpennies is to create a brand that shows women from all walks of life even though you're on budget, you can be a fashionista!
14.What would be a bit of advice for a Naturalita that is thinking of cutting her hair and rocking a shaved style?
Confidence is key! Who cares what people think of your hair... It's just hair! If it looks good on you, own it! I'm proud to be team #fadetastic!